17 Aug Baked Egg Avocado
● 1 large avocado
● 2 large Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs
● Himalayan salt & pepper, to taste
● Red chili flakes (optional) Cooking Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
2. Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out extra avocado flesh to make a reservoir for egg yolk and white.
3. Crack open egg and gently separate the yolk from the egg white. Reserve white in a small cup and set aside.
4. Gently drop yolk into the scooped out portion of the avocado and season with salt and pepper. Pour reserved egg white around the yolk, filling the reservoir. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
5. Place avocado on baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes, until whites are set. (For runnier yolks, bake for 15 minutes). Enjoy with a slice of whole-grain toast and a generous dollop of your favorite salsa.